Showing the personal information in a video feed from Axis camera. Data are fetched from the door controller and displayed in the video
About the project
We have integrated the AXIS P3228-LV Network Camera with the Axis A1001 door controller to graphically display information about the user requesting access to the door directly in the H.264 video stream from the camera.
This connectivity provides an easy visual inspection of entering persons at the surveillance site in real time, and simultaneously enables the same control in recordings. The graphics are inserted into the image directly in the camera, becoming part of the H.264 video stream generated by the camera and making the integration much easier.
How does it work?
What do you need?
- Use any compatible camera from Axis Communications with ARTPEC-6/7/8 processor
- The Axis camera portfolio can be found at axis.com
- Don’t forget to check the compatibility with CamStreamer apps
- MSRP $419 (AXIS P1135)
- Based on Axis open platforms
- Mix and match best-of-breed software and hardware
- Easy integration with other systems
- AXIS Entry Manager or third party software
- ONVIF Profile A and C compliant
The specified unit shall be of manufacturer’s official product line, designed for commercial and/or industrial 24/7/365 use.
The specified unit shall be based upon standard components and proven technology using open and published protocols.
28 05 07.21 PoE Power Sources for Electronic Safety and Security
28 05 11 Cyber Security Requirements for Electronic Safety and Security
- CamScripter App is a unique application that allows you to run micro apps directly on an Axis IP camera. You can choose from presets or tailor-made micro apps. The application runs inside an Axis network camera. In combination with the CamOverlay App, it allows you to embed any data from any source into your video.
Micro app for Door controller application has its own user interface (see picture below) where you can set the IP address, access details to Door controller, graphics position displayed in the camera image and manage photos of individual users registered in the Door controller. In our application, photos are stored on the SD card directly in the camera, but with a little adjustment can be read from a different source, such as your VMS server.
- CamOverlay App CamOverlay is a smart application that displays dynamic overlay graphics in the video directly on the Axis IP camera. The setup is easy. You can choose from preset overlays, such as a weather widget, info ticker line, custom transparent images, pictures from another camera and graphics related to PTZ positions. The application is also used to get graphics based on CamScripter App queries.
- MSRP $498
This integration was done on HW that has already been replaced by a newer version. If you are interested in doing a similar integration with a new HW let us know at email@example.com
How to setup door controller integration
The application is freely downloadable together with its source code on our GitHub account here: https://github.com/CamStreamer
Live view of the camera